If you’re a veteran or service member and in crisis, these resources can help.
While Families of the Fallen, Inc. strives to remember those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms, we do not want to forget about those that have served or are still serving. Those that are serving in or have served in the Military, Law Enforcement, Fire, or EMS have seen and dealt with things and emotions that many do not understand. If you or someone that you know needs help reach out to them and get them the help they deserve.
If you or someone you know is experiencing the symptoms below, please call 911 or get to an emergency room.
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself/themselves
- Looking for ways to kill yourself/themselves
- Talking about death, dying, or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug abuse, weapons, etc.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the warning signs below, please seek help.
- Hopelessness, feeling like there's no way out
- Anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness, mood swings
- Feeling like there is no reason to live
- Rage or anger
- Engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increasing alcohol or drug abuse
- Withdrawing from family and friends